Lucia Tartagni, Italy
Can travelling alone make us happy and free?
Can a woman travel alone?
We try to find out!
I am a woman and I love to travel alone. I will try to show you my experience.
There are a lot of positive aspects when you travel alone, but don’t forget the negative ones and the preparations that will take a lot of time:
- Before departure remember to complete all the documents required by the country you are visiting;
- Prepare in advance a list of emergency contacts: police, hospital, fire fighters…
- Because you are alone you can’t share your ideas, how you feel, your mood with other friends;
- Take a paper map with you every time ;
- Every day you have to plan your trip, the place you want to visit or where you want to sleep;
- Last but not least, especially for a woman, don’t turn into dark places in the evening and don’t be provocative with someone you don’t know.
Don’t be afraid! After finishing these small and simple steps, you will look forward to starting your trip. Try to have faith in experiences! You will be filled with adrenaline to the point of not being able to sit still a minute.
I think that everything I have listed will become positive aspects of all my trips to introduce me to the best view in the culture of the various countries. In a solo trip you don’t have any commitments, distractions. You are alone and you must listen to yourself. There are only your own requirements that take you to capture the happiness of being with yourself. Every fear builds a path of growth and change. To do this you will need to face your fears and difficulties. You must not be afraid of the changes and challenges that you encounter, but only with your personal power will you find ways to overcome them.
“If you don’t allow the trip to change you a bit, you might as well stay at home” (Nicolas Bouvier)
You are alone, you can do what you want, you can go and sleep where you want, you can change plans as often as you want. You will take a trip with people as well as within yourself. You must respect their culture, you will go into their home. Every person and every culture you meet will teach you something.
So what are you waiting for?
Are you ready to dive 360 degrees in the culture of a country?
Are you ready to change your way of thinking and dealing with what happens to you?
Embark! Try it but don’t go back at the first difficulty, that’s where the road to happiness begins!