The mystery of the universe

Nicolas Langelier                                          Country: Canada


In this article, I will explain one of the three reasons that support the Big Bang theory and I will talk about some questions that scientists can’t answer. First, the big bang Theory is a theory of the origin of the universe. The universe spread out around 13.7 billion years ago and it was 10 times smaller than today with no defined center.

Image result for the big bangA 2013 map of the background radiation left over from the Big Bang, taken by the ESA’s Planck spacecraft, captured the oldest light in the universe. This information helps astronomers determine the age of the universe.

The first reason that we observe in 1928 with the Hubble telescope, all galaxies are moving away from us. Most of the people think that other galaxies are moving in the space-time continuum, but it’s the space-time continuum that is expanding. That means the nothingness in the universe is expanding. The expansion of the Universe imaged like the swelling of a raisin cake.

Image result for expansion of the universeImage result for expansion of the universe

Some of the question of the universe we can’t answer. Why did it happen this way? Why did it appear? One of the questions that scientists can’t answer it’s about the universe mass.

Scientists are able to measure the visible mass of the universe. (The visible mass is the protons, the electrons, the neutrons and the neutrinos). Their scientists are able to measure the total mass of the universe with the total gravitation. The problem is the visible mass represents only 5% of the total mass. So they worry about the other 95% of the galaxy. They call it the dark matter. They don’t really know what is the dark matter but some scientist has made a theory about it. We don’t have to confuse the dark matter with black holes that are completely two different things. That could have a link with the expansion of the universe.

Image result for the dark matter

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s